Tome of Treasures :: View topic - Holloway paints Sutherland.

Tome of Treasures - Ye destination for discussions of Collectible Adventuring

HomeHome FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Documento sin título

Holloway paints Sutherland.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tome of Treasures Forum Index -> Tome Administrative Forum -> Retired threads
View previous topic :: View next topic  

scribe
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 3:31 am    Post subject: Holloway paints Sutherland. Reply with quote

Hi guys. I will be limiting this entirely to private forum. I have not told Jim Holloway that I am doing this. Some of you probably don't know I have had extensive private communication with Jim Holloway. He is easily one of the most persistently private and unapproachable exTSR people.

He has told many a great story about inter-office relationships at TSR during its most significant days. What a treasured resource he has been!!

Recently, I contacted him to let him know of the passing of David Sutherland. Jim remembers David in his earliest days at TSR during the late 70's. David was the art director at the time and very difficult to work for. Once he was demoted by the powers of TSR he became 'one of the guys' and very well liked by the other artists at the time. Sometimes a humbling experience is what people need to put out energy that others can connect to.

Anyhow, long story short.....Jim has asked me for images of David Sutherland for the purpose of including an image of him in a painting of his as a tribute. I ask you guys for ideas here first in hopes that we can reach out privately to others who might have access to imagery.

Ralf Toth
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

montecook DOT com/images/Dori_0994.jpg

The guy to the right is Sutherland.
Tome of Treasures - #1 resource for collectible role-playing games.

Ralf Toth
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A more recent one: badsidemusic DOT com/badside/pages/gallery.asp?album=Dave_Sutherland_Gallery_Check%20_out_these_drawings_by_our_friend_Dave_Sutherland&id=0
Tome of Treasures - #1 resource for collectible role-playing games.

scribe
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone else can think of where there might be more please let me know. Thanks!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tome of Treasures Forum Index -> Retired threads All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: