Tome of Treasures :: View topic - D&D Game Day Swag

Tome of Treasures - Ye destination for discussions of Collectible Adventuring

HomeHome FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Documento sin título

D&D Game Day Swag

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tome of Treasures Forum Index -> Tome Administrative Forum -> Retired threads
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Cernunnos
Student
Student

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 2:13 pm    Post subject: D&D Game Day Swag Reply with quote

Has anybody checked out just how much swag was given away on the D&D Worldwide Game Day a few weeks back? This auction looks to have been EVERYTHING given away (which is why I had bid it so high... I would have sniped it, but had to be in a meeting when the auction ended, and the high bid was just to discourage somebody trying to re-snipe on me... I figured I'd get the whole deal for $30! And I used up all my Auctionstealer auctions for the week on Burnie's stuff too...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5931684077&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

Most of the minis (sans the Mountain Orc) have been released in the last few sets, so aren't exactly rare, but the stuff I want my hands on are the mechanical pencil, the d20, map tiles, character sheets, Lair of the Mad Alchemist, and Forgotten Forge (which is also found in the Eberron Campaign Setting Hardcover). Wonder if any resellers got their claws on this stuff. So far the only other person selling on eBay is Cougarrinard.

Ralf Toth
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which leads me to this question: Before we publish the Tome we should set up lists without item descriptions for OD&D and WOTC D&D. Now I know where to look for OD&D lists, but does anyone have a good compilation of official D&D releases since the WOTC takeover?
Tome of Treasures - #1 resource for collectible role-playing games.

Cernunnos
Student
Student

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=products/list&brand=All&year=2004&tablesort=1

There is a pull-down menu on the upper left-hand side where you can change the year range. This appears to just be official releases however, no promo stuff included.

Cernunnos
Student
Student

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5933915085&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT

Well, managed to snag one (dammit, who keeps running up the price! When I set it to be sniped, it was at $15!).

At least I'll save a ton on shipping, since otherwise I'd have to get EACH individual thing for a different seller no doubt.

Ralf Toth
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great! If my focus wasn't on AD&D, I'd buy two or three sets of these, one for owning, the other for investment. Cool

In December, I'm planning on setting up lists for OD&D and D&D 3.0 / 3.5.

Shaun, can you then help me out with scans and info for the items you have? I'll be doing the pages, if you can help me with the info. Except for the GREYHAWK stuff, I don't have any OD&D or D&D 3.0 / 3.5 items in my collection. shocked

Cernunnos
Student
Student

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure Ralf, I have to dig out my old scanner though... I have everything ever printed for Forgotten Realms, Planescape (sans the art book), Spelljammer, Al-Qadim, and Birthright.
The newer 3.0/3.5 stuff we can probably snag pictures of online, but I'll scan the promo stuff (Caves of Shadow, the Legacy of the Green Regent adventures, etc.).

Cernunnos
Student
Student

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got the stuff in the other day and just wanted to write some comments:
At around $80, I almost feel like I was ripped off... the mountain orc appears to be pretty common. The copy of "The Forgotten Forge" looks exactly as it does in the Eberron Campaign Setting, albeit in b&w and softcover (they probably used the same files to create the seperate adventure for the D&D game day). "Lair of the Mad Alchemist" is pretty interesting (albeit REALLY short), and is very similar to the Legacy of the Green Regent adventures. The only thing that tempers this somewhat is the Lair of the Mad Alchemist doesn't appear to be showing up on eBay too much (yet). It also came with two map tiles. The "anniversary" d20 looks like any random red d20 die, nothing special at all.

Ralf Toth
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone seen this one before? The seller states that it was given away at a convention in Las Vegas. It looks shitty, but I didn't have a D&D beer mug before. Embarassed

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5938731377

Cernunnos
Student
Student

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they had them at GenCon too... or it might have been at the GAMA trade show (I DO remember seeing them when they first came out). Good win there Ralf.

scribe
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you get it yet?

D&D beer stein Laughing

Ralf Toth
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I got it! It's really big, really nice beer mug! I used to drink coffee out of my TSR cup before I started collecting, too. Also, three weeks ago I went to the gaming session wearing that "Too many monsters too little time" AD&D T-Shirt hahahaha... was a nice one-time gag and a perfectly fitting "hack'n slash" session, too.

scribe
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YOu should wear that shirt more often to the games. I love that stuff. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tome of Treasures Forum Index -> Retired threads All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: